— Shadow and Act (@shadowandact) March 3, 2018
This experiential learning program provides students with both hands-on experience and mentor-style guidance with producing, marketing and monetizing content.
This 12 Week Intro course is comprised of established curriculum led by picked mentors; selected industry and topic-specialist guest speakers, and collaborative student teams comprised of students from various community colleges such as LA Mission (host), LA Valley, Piecre, West LA (Hollywood CPR), and four year universities: CSUN, USC and UCLA.
— Kevin Clark (@Homageusa) March 5, 2018
In addition to classroom presentations, hands-on experience with professional-caliber production equipment and facilities, students will form several production teams which will produce a semester project to be presented on June 1 and be prepped to submit themselves to the AT&T SHAPE experience, June 2nd and 3rd.
Hart Beat Certification (In Development)
- Strategic and executional proficiency
Students will acquire proficiency in conceiving, producing and monetizing professional-quality digital content for/in digital and social channels; presenting concepts and deliverables. Submitting for the Creating Reality Hackathon an the AT&T Creathon.
- Students will acquire skills and understanding for strategically effective career management (especially initial workforce entry in digital, entertainment, communication fields), including HR objectives and requirements for job placement.
- Students will be exposed to Internship and placement opportunities offered as available by our Industry partners (actual employment cannot be guaranteed).
Over the 12 weeks, students and mentors will cover:
- Online Trends – consideration and understanding of market innovation, disruption, emerging patterns of success/failure, specific instances of success/failure, and related analysis of patterns of communication between leaders and members of the community.
- Conceiving value-oriented content concepts including repeatable patterns for success.
- Content Programming – audience engagement via calls to action, frequency and schedule, playlists, tent-pole programming and YouTube live.
- Monetization Models – understanding and developing relevant, successful revenue models.
- Production artifacts – developing scripts, storyboards, budgets, production calendars, editing logs, etc.
- Content Production – experiential exposure to successful and innovative methods for media production (including video, digital, AR, and VR)
- Social Media – building community, following, channels using cross -promotion & collaboration, via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.Workforce Skills
- Career-development skills: resume, networking, interviewing.
- Business skills: collaboration, negotiation; proposal, presentation and facilitation.
- Marketing, Media Sales & Optimization – understanding Adserv and Ad Operations platforms, targeted metadata, thumbnails, annotations, channel pages, feeds. Data and Analytics – Understanding the KPI’s for success.
This week was lit, 2018 UCLA Hollywood Diversity Report, A2mend Conference, Our inaugural Headhunter Class @ LA Mission, Wakanda is real, what away to end Black History Month.. our spirits rights now.Ashe pic.twitter.com/zSyzxiLReJ
— Kevin Clark (@Homageusa) March 3, 2018
These established experts will each provide a minimum of 1 guest-lecture (or the equivalent, including seminar, workshop, field-trip guidance or participation, etc.) Specifics to be determined):
These organizations and facilities will host students and mentors for selected visits, presentations, and/or participation. Specifics to be determined:
- Apple Distinguished Educator
- AT&T Development LAB
- Cedar Grove Entertainment
- Dakar F
- Los Angeles Arts Collective
- Hart Beat Studios
- Sony DMPC
- MAYA BEASLY
- DARREN BELL
- ARNOLD GORDON BRAY
- THOMAS BURNETT
- MIKE CUALES
- DAVE COHEN
- ROCK DILLARD
- RICHARD GANT
- RUBEN GARCIA
- FILIBERTO GONZALEZ
- DONOVAN GREEN
- YVONNE HARMON
- KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR
- AJ JOHNSON
- GREGG JOHNSON
- TED LAI
- DARYLE LOCKHART
- MARCELINO FORD LEVINE
- CHANTAL LUNDBERG
- TED MILNER
- MJ MOUANGSAVANH
- MUNIR MUHMUD
- RORY PULLENS
- JAY TUCKER
- DAN WATANABE
- STEVE WRIGHT
— tercoles (@tercoles) February 2, 2018