DAKAR “IMMERSIVE CAREER EXPLORATION SERIES”
15 weeks program 3/2/18 – 6/15/18
This experiential learning program will provide students with both hands-on experience and mentor-style guidance with producing, marketing and monetizing content
This 15 Week Intro course will comprise an established curriculum led by picked mentors; selected industry and topic-specialist guest speakers, and collaborative student teams.
In addition to classroom presentations, hands-on experience with professional-caliber production equipment and facilities, students will form several production teams which will produce a semester project to be presented on June 1.
- Strategic and executional proficiency
Students will acquire proficiency in conceiving, producing and monetizing professional-quality digital content for/in digital and social channels; presenting concepts and deliverables.
- Employment/Internship proficiency
Students will acquire skills and understanding for strategically effective career management (especially initial workforce entry in digital, entertainment, communication fields), including HR objectives and requirements for job placement.
Students will be exposed to Internship and placement opportunities offered as available by our Industry partners (actual employment cannot be guaranteed).
Over the 15 weeks, students and mentors will cover:
- Online Trends – consideration and understanding of market innovation, disruption, emerging patterns of success/failure, specific instances of success/failure, and related analysis of patterns of communication between leaders and members of the community.
- Conceiving value-oriented content concepts including repeatable patterns for success.
- Content Programming – audience engagement via calls to action, frequency and schedule, playlists, tent-pole programming and YouTube live.
- Monetization Models – understanding and developing relevant, successful revenue models.
- Production artifacts – developing scripts, storyboards, budgets, production calendars, editing logs, etc.
- Content Production – experiential exposure to successful and innovative methods for media production (including video, digital, AR, and VR)
- Social Media – building community, following, channels using cross -promotion & collaboration, via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Data and Analytics – Understanding the KPI’s for success.
- Marketing, Media Sales & Optimization – understanding Adserving and Ad Operations platforms, targeted metadata, thumbnails, annotations, channel pages, feeds.
- Workforce Skills
- Career-development skills: resume, networking, interviewing.
- Business skills: collaboration, negotiation; proposal, presentation and facilitation.
|Consortium will provide:|
- Participating students
- Classroom and similar facilities
Dakar will provide:
- Program curriculum and instructor.
- Access to partner facilities for field trips.
- Participation of and access to all guest speakers.
- Mentors, including one dedicated to each student production team.
- (Through its partnerships) video production and streaming of each class segment including producing a documentary of the project.
- Consortium access to / usage of assets and artifacts created by participants.
- Secured rights from all participants for their inclusion in their production.
GUEST SPEAKERS SERIES, FRIDAY March 2nd.
FIELD TRIPS, COMMENCING MARCH 12th