DIGITAL PATHWAY INITIATIVE
AT A GLANCE
Dakar Foundation will recruit 30 students that will be will be outfitted with software pack that will enable them to design, build and run a program that will scale to a User Back Pack unit comprised of software from the ACM and partners Below ;12 Gatekeepers and growing have committed to a module, and will share their precise tactics, techniques and tips on how our student mentees will get a competitive advantage with the best practices of Diversity & Inclusion embedded. They’ll also earn certificates, internship credits from LA Pierce College and DPI Charrette training from Dakar, and Access VFX.
Dr. Maya A. Beasley is the Co-Founder and a principal at the T10 Group, a diversity consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and California and is a tenured associate professor on leave from the University of Connecticut. Her first book, Opting Out: Why America Is Losing Out On Its Young Black Elite, was published by the University of Chicago Press. She is currently finishing her second book, The Social Portfolio: Building Up and On The Capital of Minority and Female Professionals.
In addition to her consulting and academic work, Maya is a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress and is the Co-Founder and Research Director of Diversity 360, the foundation of which is an annual “State of Diversity in Technology Report” set to launch in 2018. Dr. Beasley also serves on the strategic board for Untapped, an impact-focused initiative that provides financial capital and strategic guidance to a network of entrepreneurs of color, and is a member of the international advisory board for GlobalMindEd.
Interviews with and opinion pieces by Maya regularly appear in major media outlets such as The New York Times, USA Today, Huffington Live, The Wall Street Journal, NBC, and Forbes. She earned her A.B. from Harvard University and her Ph.D. in sociology from Stanford University.
KEVIN NASH, BROADCAST ENGINEERING/PODCAST
Emerging careers in digital media, and whats on the other side of the Pandemic
What is Open Source, and how it creates collaboration
- Mentorship for a underprivileged future workforce
- How To Find A Mentor
- How To Get Hired Without Trying
- How to up-skill For Future Career Pathways.
- Awareness training, being woke is not enough,
- Paying Homage to your ancestors using research, history, and collaboration
- Performance Based learning, how to measure your success and keep accountability high
SHAIN HYMON, NEXT LEVEL, BUSINESS
- AI Pedagogy,Open Source.
- How to use the right and left side of your brain to be an innovator and work for yourself.
- Collaboration as the default tactic that’s missing in today’s Academic Culture
- How to become a strategist and a futurist at the earliest possible age.
- Getting your ideas to the market with other peoples money.
DAVE COHEN FACEBOOK
- Why Media Literacy Matters, showcasing best of breed programs, Advertising, Marketing Business Cases
- A Brownbag TV curricular project that leverages, tech manufacturing and digital media creation/
- Mapping Pathways To Placement In The Future Creative-Tech Economy.
JEFF THOMPSON, USC ANNENBERG, ORACLE, LA COUNTY WORKFORCE
- Dissecting The Business of The Business of The Entertainment & Media
- Emerging Career Exploration tactic and techniques for students & alumni
- What is ad-tech and media-tech and how to integrate as a creative
- Reflect On Active Learning Experiences, Past, Present,Future
- Introduction to Eight Elements Of Success
- Introduction to Clean + Green Tech Careers Through Incubation Lab.
- Big picture messaging on what’s possible
- Engaging Today’s Learners
- Trends in Education and Technology
ANNA MARIE PIERSIMONI, CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE
- Rapid Ideation, Rapid Development, Rapid Deployment
- Shadowing: Interviewing Key Mentors/CEO’s/Influencers in Mobility, IOS/ANDROID
- Mentorship: Student Focus Group/Planning/Collaboration
- Mobility, use iPads from Apple, Smart Phones From I0S/Android
- Participants work on project and showcase their projects leading to culminating event @ DH
- Reflection and Next Steps From Rotating Student Leaders to MWC LA 2020
- When Worlds Collide: 5G , Broadcast Advanced Television Systems 3.0 and
- Defining how exactly television signals are broadcast and interpreted. …
- How OTT Works for future content distributers + over-the-air signals and your in-home broadband to deliver an experience closer to cable or satellite.